Federalism
Obama wants to increase federal spending by 6.2 percent next year. The money will go towards easier secondary school access, adult education, K–12 reform, and early learning. Also part of the money will be used to encourage states to work together on higher national standards as well as heighten the standards on curriculum and more meaningful tests. Also Obama wants there to be more flexibility with NCLB program in schools.
Education is normally refereed to as a state issue. But even though its considered state the national government plays a big role in it by spending money that goes towards education as this article shows. Also the president wants to encourage state standards, he is not making it national standards he is having states decide the standards, those are examples of federalism. This show the two parts of federalism working on the same topic. All because an issue may fall under state issue doesn't mean the national government can't help just as it does with education funds.
I'm glad to know that education is becoming a really important issue. I think we should higher standards to a national standard (even if it meant i wouldn't be making my A's). If the average American citizen get more education then it does now the better off this country will be in the future. I just feel that we fall to short to other countries when it comes to education and I'm glad more money is going to education.
No comments:
Post a Comment